Purchase Collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A board to discuss all shows and events at SUNY Purchase (represented by GPC, MEC, and Stood Coordinator)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elections are coming

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Elemeno
Admin
Elemeno

Elections are coming Empty
PostSubject: Elections are coming   Elections are coming I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 1:47 pm

Who will you vote for and why?

Sam Schachter for MEC - If he were to stand at the edge of the earth while the sun set, his head would shine like the moon. He also gives me a lot of faith in his willingness to work and communicate, both through wpsr, the shack attack blog and label and being generally awesome. He is active in our community, as well. Remember the Best show ever? you know, the one with Nirvana, At the Drive-In, The Velvet Undergound and the Band. I think Rihanna made a guest appearance too.

Greg Dunn for GPC - Organized. While the rest of you are out getting fucked up, Greg gets work done. He remains active inside and outside of Purchase with Moving Mountains, talking to labels, distributors and playing shows. Great understanding of promotion. Without that, how do you expect to ever be able to know what is going on? He also invented this forum. If you can't find him personally, write your ideas here and he will see them and respond to them.

Josh Kirby for SAC - Kirby has been working for tech for years and beyond being a great live sound engineer, he has seen what problems arise from a lack of communication between services. If you want things to run smoothly, elect someone who already knows what can go wrong.

I know that Purchase is a school, but these are serious positions. I want people that already have an understanding of the business of entertainment, not people that are probably going to figure it out pretty quickly. It is important that we as a community work together, so no matter who you vote for, think carefully and make sure that you vote for someone.
Back to top Go down
http://elemenopete.blogspot.com
samschac

samschac

PostSubject: Re: Elections are coming   Elections are coming I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:07 pm

This is the best board everrrr.

I love that picture of you Pete.
Back to top Go down
http://theloveschack.blogspot.com
JoshKirby

JoshKirby

PostSubject: Re: Elections are coming   Elections are coming I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:16 pm

Thanks Pete!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elections are coming   Elections are coming I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elections are coming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Purchase Collective  :: General Information-
Jump to: